Want to design your communication from scratch? No problem! Want to create a template? Check. What if you want to build off of one of our starter templates? Go for it. :)
Check out this video for a high-level walkthrough of the Broadcast Center.
Below you will also find step-by-step instructions for creating a new broadcast and additional resources to learn the ins and outs of this feature.
📢 How To Create and Schedule A New Broadcast
- From the left navigation pane select "Broadcast Center".
- Click "New Broadcast".
- Select "New Template" to create a new "Template" or select "Included" to use a pre-built template to send one-off broadcasts then "Save & Continue". If creating a new template you will need to choose either SMS or Email.
- Define your audience. You can send to "Everyone, by group, lifecycle stage, or manual contact search". You will also be able to drill down further with "Filters", which include by campaign or gender (among others). Then hit "Save & Continue".
- "Create your SMS or Email" then "Save & Continue". If you are sending an email you will be able to send a test to yourself first. There are no tests with SMS. Note: All your work will be autosaved every 15 seconds.
- If you decided to create a new template, you will then need to give it a Title and Description, then "Save & Continue". If you meant to but didn't, don't worry, you will have a chance to save it as template in the next step.
- Tell us when to send the message! Either "Now" or "Schedule it for later" then hit "Send". You can also save your message as a template before sending at this point.
- Lean back and relax for a moment and let us do the rest of the work. 👏
📝 Things To Note
- Broadcast emails are always sent from the person who is logged in and sending the email.
- You can edit a scheduled email after scheduling by clicking on the menu button for a scheduled broadcast and selecting "Edit." However, to ensure that the email doesn't go out while editing, we unschedule the email. You will need to go through the send process again. If a scheduled communication has already initiated, you will not be able to make changes. So, if scheduled for 9AM and you login at 9:01, you will not be able to make changes that will be reflected in that communication.
- The "Sent Count" from the dashboard may be different than the number scheduled due to bad email addresses or other errors.
- It's important to be mindful that industry-wide open rate technology (pixel-rendering) used to track opens is notoriously inaccurate. It's a good indicator of general trends, but only an estimation. It's likely some emails have been opened that are not tracked.
- Email and SMS report different data, which means different stats for each. We currently do not have a way to track opens or clicks in SMS broadcasts.