Creating a Custom Group through the broadcast center is an easy way to bulk email, bulk SMS, and filter contacts by their Custom Group. This function can be used to create a custom group or for one-off messaging purposes for a specific list of contacts through the broadcast center.
Give it a try!
- Navigate to the Broadcast Center.
- Select the type of broadcast you want to send.
- Under audience, select ‘By Manual.’
- Search by file by choosing your file and clicking ‘Find Contact.’
- If needed, you may continue to add to your audience manually by using the search function field for any one-off additions to your audience.
Here are some things to know about your file upload:
- Use a .csv file type.
- Include the appropriate column headers in your file. (i.e., phone and email).
- File search is done by email or phone number to find matches to contacts in the platform.
- Phone numbers do not require a 1 before them. (i.e., 15556781000 or 5556781000 will work).
- If an email or phone matches, we will add that contact to your audience.
To create a custom group:
- After selecting your audience, you have the option to save it as a custom group.
- Give your custom group a unique name.
- Creating a new custom group is not required when selecting your audience by file or manual search. Still, it can help speed up your processes in the future if this is a specific audience you will regularly communicate to through the Broadcast Center.
To reuse a saved custom group:
- Next time you want to send a broadcast to this saved custom group, you will select ‘By Group.’
- You can always edit your custom group in your account settings under ‘Segmentation.’
Click ‘View Custom Groups’ to edit your custom groups.